[Vendor Update] NSFOCUS Global Threat Intelligence Platform Official Launch
NSFOCUS LAUNCHES GLOBAL THREAT INTELLIGENCE PLATFORM TO DEFEND AGAINST SOPHISTICATED CYBER ATTACKS
January 30, 2017
As New Threat Actors and Vulnerabilities Emerge, NSFOCUS Provides the Most Complete Insight into Evolving Threats with Real-time, Actionable Intelligence
Santa Clara, Calif., January 30, 2017 – NSFOCUS, a global provider of intelligent hybrid security solutions, today announced the launch of its Global Threat Intelligence platform. In the world of cyber attacks, 2016 may go on record as the worst year the enterprise has ever seen. With more than 18 million samples of known malware, the first DDoS attack exceeding 1 TBps, ransomware attacks using municipal and industrial IoT devices, and predictions of global annual cybercrime costs reaching $6 trillion by 2021, keeping pace with the evolving threat landscape is a daunting task. NSFOCUS Global Threat Intelligence can help companies improve their situational awareness and enterprise security posture – delivering both strategic and tactical intelligence, and providing organizations with a complete view of the global threat landscape, including China.
Recent reports have indicated as much as 40 percent of global cyber attacks are associated with China and the exploits discovered in this region can take days, weeks, or even months before they are replicated elsewhere. NSFOCUS is the only company that can provide insight from both inside China as well as other parts of the world, making it uniquely qualified to help mitigate these risks before they escalate. With more than 8,000 active customers, 12,000 network sensors, extensive honeypots, over 700G of data collected daily, and visibility into 100 million endpoints, NSFOCUS’ suite of Threat Intelligence solutions helps organizations get ahead of future attacks by implementing countermeasures quickly to protect critical assets.
“In the aftermath of the massive cyber attacks the world witnessed last year, organizations can no longer rely solely on threat intelligence feeds to alert them to risks,” said Stephen Gates, Chief Research Intelligence Analyst, NSFOCUS. “Despite rapid innovation to combat growing threats, security professionals with limited intelligence resources still struggle to keep up with the overwhelming amount of data points these systems aggregate. Implementing a holistic, intelligence-driven solution with true global insight can help security teams understand feed data – to take immediate action on the threats to their business. Our worldwide team of researchers and engineers work around the clock to help customers gain visibility and threat context to effectively respond to threats, both known and unknown.”
NSFOCUS’ suite of Threat Intelligence solutions includes:
- NSFOCUS Threat Intelligence (NTI) Portal: Allows users to gain additional insight into various threats and threat actors via research, data collection, and analysis of crowdsourced information. NSFOCUS customers can drill deeper into detail on threats, upload malware samples for analysis, and monitor/track IP addresses with automatic notifications – providing a tailored experience for the most relevant threats.
- Threat Analysis Alerts and Reports: NSFOCUS provides real-time analysis on threat trends, campaigns and actors, in addition to critical vulnerabilities identified. Via weekly blogs, emergency alerts and regularly released reports, customers are updated on the latest threat information available.
- Actionable Data Feeds: Delivered by strategically located NSFOCUS Cloud Centers, these feeds provide information across four crucial risk areas:
- IP Reputation: A list of IP addresses that have earned a negative reputation through involvement in suspicious activity, including phishing, botnets, APTs, DDoS attacks and more.
- Malicious Web/URL: A domain reputation list that includes malicious websites that are the source of exploit kits, malware and phishing attacks.
- Command & Control: A set of IP addresses that are known to control botnet armies used to take services offline. This feed is used to prevent organizations’ own resources from unknowingly participating in cyber attacks, as well as conserving network resources.
- Malware Hashes: A set of MD5 file hashes that can be used to identify malware in email or file transfers, as well as stored data – protecting against malware, ransomware, Trojans, scanning, probing, and data leakage.
NSFOCUS can easily augment existing threat intelligence through integration with other threat intelligence offerings or SIEM deployments, and across NSFOCUS’ network and application security products.
To learn more about NSFOCUS’ approach to threat intelligence, visit http://nsfocusglobal.com/threat-intelligence/
About NSFOCUS IB
NSFOCUS IB is a wholly owned subsidiary of NSFOCUS, an award-winning enterprise application and network security provider, with operations in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific. NSFOCUS IB has a proven track record of combatting the increasingly complex cyber threat landscape through the construction and implementation of multi-layered defense systems. The company’s Intelligent Hybrid Security strategy utilizes both cloud and on-premises security platforms, built on a foundation of real-time global threat intelligence, to provide unified, dynamic protection from advanced cyber threats.
NSFOCUS has fifteen years of success and experience working with Fortune 500 companies, including four of the world’s five largest financial institutions, as well as organizations in insurance, retail, healthcare, critical infrastructure industries as well as government agencies. NSFOCUS IB has technology and channel partners in more than 60 countries, and is a winner of the Microsoft Bug Bounty Program for 4 consecutive years, a member of the Microsoft Active Protections Program (MAPP), StopBadware.org, and the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA).
Enterprise- and carrier-grade products undergo rigorous evaluation and testing to Veracode VL4 and ISO 27001 certification, delivering powerful and effective threat management combined with advanced data analytics and intrusion prevention and detection capabilities.
A research arm, the NSFOCUS Security Labs, is a renowned technical research center that tracks and analyzes global intelligence while identifying new network vulnerabilities and security trends.